Time Clock & Timeclocks for enterprises
One of the greatest challenges facing any employer is the management of their workforce resource. Many businesses continue to use a punch card time clock that inaccurately records employee hours. Labor management through a computerized time clock system will automatically track employee hours; including overtime. Effectively tracking employee hours via time clock, allows employers to examine productivity and make better business decisions based on real time attendance and labor data. Additionally, a time clock system can streamline the payroll process.
There are several different types of time clock systems on the market. Before choosing the best time clock option for your business you must consider the following:
- Employee population (employees and managers)
- Number of locations that will be managed under the time clock system
- Number of time clock stations required
- Shift schedules represented by your workforce
- Desired type of tracking (by employee only or time spent on a particular task?)
- Current type of server software and compatibility of current systems
- Use of time clock data (attendance, payroll, etc.)
An exciting advancement in time clock technology is the biometric time clock. This attendance tracking system requires employees to use their hand as an identification card. Biometric time clocks do not use hand or finger prints but rather scans the hand for size as a unique id for each employee. This system is an effective way to prevent expensive "leaks" in payroll by ensuring that employees are paid only for hours worked.